Don’t Start 2018 With Back Pain. 5 Simple Tips For Prevention
Don't start the 2018 New Year with back pain. Here are some things you can do to prevent it, because, as we all know, prevention is much easier than cure!
- First thing every morning, some gentle stretching for the back and for the hamstring muscles. Tight hamstrings can often lead to back problems (Very common in runners and footballers)
- Avoid poor posture, both sitting (slumping on a couch or in a car seat, leaning forward at a desk) and when standing (rounded shoulders, standing with most of your weight through one leg)
- Do some kind of gentle exercise to strengthen your core muscles (they work back and front) Yoga and Pilates are good examples, so is swimming with proper form.
- Take care when lifting even light objects. Many people injure themselves moving shopping from their trolleys into the boot of their cars. Lift correctly, back straight, knees bent, and move your feet to place the object down (don't stretch) know the rules.
- Regular gentle exercise such as walking, to keep the joints moving and the blood circulating. Many injuries happen because of poorly perfused (warmed up) muscles and stiff, underused joints.
If you follow these simple rules, you are much less likely to have back pain in the future. You don't have to do it all at once, try to incorporate something new every day, and it is unlikely that you will need my services as an osteopath to correct anything.
If you do require my services, call me on 024-7722-0599 (during office hours) and I will be glad to advise you on the best course of action to alleviate your painful back or other painful joint problem.